We hope that you have had a lovely festive season. We’ve had a bit of a break (our last email out was 21st December) and as the information is flooding back in we’ll endeavour to send it out to you.
|URGENT – SCC has proposed a renewal of the mangrove boardwalk near the Maritime Museum and is seeking Voice endorsement – please send your comments to us (reply to this email) by 19th Jan|
Update on ongoing matters
- Late last year we wrote to Council requesting heightened visibility of the Give Way at the Currambene / Owen St intersection. To date we have not heard back.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- URGENT – Expressions of interest to be part of the Management Committee for the Woollamia Maritime Precinct/Recreational Reserve, by 17th January 2021. Further information.
- URGENT – Expressions of interest to be part of a Community Working Group reviewing the Access Area for Dogs Policy. Please submit your expression of interest to join the Working Group by Sunday 17 January 2021.
- Proposed land use change to 48 Jervis Bay Rd to allow 14 Lot Community Title subdivision. Comment by 5th February.
- Proposed parking restrictions at Tallyan Pt Rd, St Georges Basin. Comment by 5th February 2021. Further information.
- Feedback on public transport in the Greater Nowra area by 5th February 2021. More information.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- CD21/1005, Dwelling Alterations – Convert Attached Garage to Habitable Room, 17 Seasongood Rd, WOOLLAMIA, submitted 7-Jan-21, $15,000.00
- DA20/2411, Industrial Building, 3 Bolten Rd, HUSKISSON, submitted 22-Dec-20, $100,000.00
- DA20/2428, Warehouse, 34 Duranbah Dr, HUSKISSON, submitted 23-Dec-20, $523,000.00
- DA20/2431, Dwelling Additions – Accessible Living Additions, 16 Currambene St, HUSKISSON, submitted 23-Dec-20, $183,000.00
- DA20/2390, Detached Garage Alterations & Additions, 6 Coulon St, WOOLLAMIA, submitted 21-Dec-20, $37,000.00
- DA20/1625, Demolition of existing structures and construction of a Residential Flat Building containing 12 Unit Residential Apartments – S4.55 – Modification of stamped plans to allow changes to floor levels, installation of break tank and fire service ump, minor internal changes, reverse direction of angled windows to bedrooms, additional balcony in Unit 11 and changes to roof line. 9 Beach St, submitted 23 Dec 2020
- CD21/1008, First Occupation – Retail Clothing & Homewares Shop, 12 Currambene St, Huskisson, submitted 13 Jan 2021.
- DA21/1011, Dwelling Alterations and Additions, 1 Sunnyside Av, Woollamia, submitted 12 Jan 2021.
- DA20/1624, Detached Garage Associated with Commercial Uses, 19 Morton St HUSKISSON, Approved
- DA20/2105, Demolition of Dwelling & Outbuildings & Removal of Some Trees & Shrubs, 3 Jervis St HUSKISSON, Approved
- DA20/2203, Detached Shed, 43 Willowford, Rd, WOOLLAMIA, Approved
- Nominate to recognise and celebrate the outstanding contribution of a local South Coast woman. Nomination form.
- Bay and Basin skate park will be considered at the Strategy and Assets committee meeting on 19 January 2021.
- Elite Energy will be holding the Huskisson Triathlon Festival 26-28 February 2021. If you’re interested in volunteering at the event email email@example.com, or go to Register Now.
- 3rd Sustainable Tourism Infrastructure newsletter
- Next Tuesday, 19th of January, SANE will be hosting an online event on the Life After Bushfires Forum. This event is part of a series of events called ‘Topic Tuesdays’ that are run on the Forums monthly. This month, they will focus on what life after bushfires is like for individuals and communities.
- Nominate to recognise and celebrate the outstanding contribution local seniors make to the South Coast. Nomination form.
- Cut off date for content for the March About magazine is 5 February 2021