The Next Huskisson Woollamia Community Voice meeting will be Monday 7th August, 7pm. Our meetings are held at the Huskisson Community Centre, Dent St, Huskisson. The August meeting will be general business and refining the focus for the meeting with the Council Tourism Manager and Director City Futures (October meeting).
Please note, the HWCV AGM has been moved to the November meeting – 20th November.
Update from last meeting
- At a Council meeting on 26th June 2023 Councillors resolved to discontinue the process to name the unnamed lane off Owen St “Avoca Lane” and commence the consultation process for “Carpenter” Lane on the provision that the name is approved by the Geographical Names Board. The HWCV is assisting that process.
- Council now provides insurance for all CCB activities. Many thanks go to the Council and Councillors in providing this cover.
- On the 8th June representatives of the Shoalhaven CCBs met with Council staff to receive an update on Council activities and plans. The notes from the meeting are here.
- Is anyone interested in representing Huskisson-Woollamia on a sustainable tourism group being established by Vincentia Matters? Their focus will be short term rentals. Please reply to this email for more information.
- On that note Council is now collecting complaints about short term rental accommodation on-line. More information and the portal here.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Comment on The Sussex Inlet, St Georges Basin, Swan Lake and Berrara Creek Coastal Management Programs (CMP) now open until 31st July.
- Have your say on the Shoalhaven Regional Gallery, closes 5pm 28th July
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA23/1463, Single Storey Dwelling, 2 Allora Cl, WOOLLAMIA
- DA23/1458, Detached shed, 2 Allora Close, Woollamia
- DS23/1196, Establishment of a camping ground for eight (8) camping sites providing accommodation for a maximum of 16 guests, to be provided for additional overflow accommodation for the existing cabins at the “Bay & Bush Cottages”. S4.55(1A) Modification: Provide on-site treatment and disposal of wastewater associated with use of the site for primitive camping; provide ensuite facilities within each tent instead of the approved portable toilet and shower block. 21 Pritchard Ave, Woollamia.
- DA23/1435, Swimming Pool & Spa, 43 Willowford Rd, WOOLLAMIA, Approved
- DA22/1924, Two Storey Multi Residential Development, 62 Hawke St, HUSKISSON, Approved
- DA23/1065, Demolition of Existing Shed & Construction of Dwelling & Shed, 22A James Farmer Gr, WOOLLAMIA Approved
- CD23/1360, Industrial Storage, 27 Erina Rd, HUSKISSON, Approved
- DA22/1424, Ticket Booth Kiosk & Weather Protection Roofing on Wharf, Currambene St, HUSKISSON, Approved
- Information on the NSW sustainable buildings SEPP – Wed 26th July 9.30 to 10.30, Register here, and more information on the Sustainable Building SEPP
- The VRRA is reaching out to the community to find out what kinds of activities residents might be interested in. There are lots of good suggestions. Please see the letter attached and respond to the VRRA email.
- Walk a little or walk a lot, and raise money for families that are living on or below the poverty line.
- Regional Senior Travel card – update from our State member
- Recovery Newsletter