The year is disappearing fast. Our next meeting will be this coming Monday, 7th August, starting 7pm, Huskisson Community Centre, Dent St, Huskisson.
It will be a general business meeting. Please note that at the meeting on 16th October Council managers will talk about Council’s approach to tourism. As such our AGM will be held over until the meeting on 20th November.
Update from last meeting
- We wrote to the Office of Local Government suggesting that it was time to update the companion animals Act to include cats, their response suggests that it is still in the too hard basket.
- The HWCV has received Council’s donation of $500 which covers hall hire, website and email, part of dog tidy bags, and printing.
- The draft CCB policy has been reviewed in consultation with the CCBs, and should soon be presented to Council.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Planning proposal for comment – Council has proposed heritage listing the former Anglican church site and is seeking your feedback. The proposal is available for comment until 25th August. More information.
- For your information – works on sewer mains in Huskisson
- Councillor Boyd sworn in as Councillor
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA23/1562, Demolition of Existing Motel, & Construction of Tourist Hotel containing 72 Suites, Function Areas, Meeting Rooms, Restaurant, Pool & 2 Levels of Basement Parking for 140 Car Parking Spaces, 38 Hawke St, HUSKISSON, $27,342,183.00
- CD23/1405, Change of Use, 1/39 Owen St, HUSKISSON, $25,000.00
- CD23/1446, Demolition to include internal walks, internal bathroom. Entry to existing shopfronts and awning structure to Owen St. 46 Owen St, Huskisson
- DA23/1582, Change of use to fitness centre (CrossFit Gym), 30 Duranbah Dr, Huskisson
- CD23/1405, Change of Use from Retail to Fitness Studio, 1/39 Owen St, HUSKISSON, Approved
- Hiroshima Day Forum on 6th August
- Bocce and lunch invitation at Plantation Point, 24th September. RSVP by 17th September
- Referendum discussion – 23rd August
- October About cut off date is 6th September
- Marine Estate newsletter