Here is an update from last week’s meeting, and other matters related to Huskisson and Woollamia:
Update from last meeting
- On the 29 March, Scott Wells (Shoalhaven Council), informed the Voice’s meeting that:
- studies that have been done for traffic and parking plans in Huskisson
- numerous requests by staff for funding to implement these plans have not been approved by Council, even though money has been set aside for these purposes, and
- some kind of plan is in the pipeline which will be made public once it has gone to Council.
The Huskisson Woollamia Community Voice’s response to this information will be discussed at a general meeting on the 3rd May 2021.
- The public can again attend Council meetings, and give deputations in person.
- Tuesday 6 April Development and Environment meeting will discuss:
- Public Exhibition Outcomes and Finalisation – Planning Proposal: Jervis Bay Road, Falls Creek (PP035)
- Proposed Housekeeping Amendment – Encourage Renewable Investment and Protect Rooftop Solar Systems – Shoalhaven DCP 2014 Amendment (DCP 2014.48)
- Proposed Housekeeping Amendment No. 8 – Shoalhaven Contributions Plan 2019 (CP2019.8)
- Proposed Submission – Design and Place SEPP – Explanation of Intended Effects
- Friday 9th April, 6.00-7.00pm, Huskisson Community Hall, presentation on life in Jervis Bay over the last ten years.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Respond to the proposed Agri-tourism planning policy, comment due by 19 April 2021.
- Respond to the Design and Place state planning policy, comment due by 28 April 2021.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- CD21/1197, garages & carports – detached colourbond shed with bathroom, existing shed to be removed. 754 Woollamia Rd, Woollamia.
Recent Development Applications Approved in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DS21/1093, S4.55(1A) Modification – Proposed Staging of Development and Minor Alterations, 15 and 17 Fegen St, Huskisson. Submitted 31 March 2021.
- CD21/1197, Detached Shed with Amenities & Awning plus Demolition of Existing Shed, 754 Woollamia Rd WOOLLAMIA, Approved.
- Berry Forum has alerted the CCBs to new proposed State policy which aims to make it easier for farms to establish tourism as a secondary business. The Department of Planning is collecting comment until 19th April. Information and link here.
- The Council continues its development of a Community Wellbeing Plan, and have a second survey they’d like the community to complete.
- Indigenous Health Conference November 22-24,2021 Seaworld Resort, Gold Coast QLD Australia
- Marine Estate Newsletter
- Sports Grants Program encourages sporting groups to partner with Council to deliver capital works projects/improvements to their facilities. Grants of up to $50,000 are available. Applicatiions close 30 June 2021.
- Invitation to the Sanctuary Point District Library Second External Stakeholder Group Workshop Tuesday 13 April, 5.30 to 7.30pm. If you would like to attend phone 4429 3456 by 5 pm Monday 12 April.
- Public exhibition of the Sanctuary Point Library concept designs and floor plans in April.
- VRRA is holding a general meeting on 15th April.
- Council’s Recovery newsletter.