Bi-Weekly – email update 27/11/2020
Here is a quick update regarding matters that came up in the 9th November meeting, and some additional information
Update from last meeting
- We’d like to thank Danny Payne, Nature Lodge Optics, for being one of the sponsors for the dog tidy bags (overseen by Paul Sutton). The provision of these bags helps to keep Huskisson and Woollamia clean – thank you Danny, and Paul.
- The Huskisson and Woollamia community is invited to the opening of the Moona Moona Creek playground – Monday 7th December, 11.00 am, Beach St, Moona Moona Creek Reserve. More information.
- Minutes from our meeting 9 November 2020.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Comment due today!!! Proposed parking restrictions at the Woollamia Boat Ramp car park. More information. And here is the Concept plan.
- If you live, work or visit the Shoalhaven, and would like to share your thoughts and experiences on community wellbeing, the Council would love you to hear from you to develop their Community Wellbeing Plan. Survey here. And you can find more information here.
- Have your say on the draft concept design of the Bay and Basin Skate Park. Comment due by Sunday 6 December 2020 Complete the online survey.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- CD20/1621, In ground swimming pool & cabana, 16 Beecroft St, Huskisson. Submitted 20 Nov 20. Approved
- DA20/2262, Change of use to artisan food and drink. 5 Erina Rd, Huskisson. Submitted 26 Nov 20
- CD20/1646, Additions to Industrial workshop and office, 17 Duranbah Dr, Huskisson, Submitted 26 Nov 2020.
- DA20/2203, Garages & carports, 43 Willowford Rd, Woollamia. Submitted 16 Nov 2020.
- DA20/1453, Mixed Use Development with Motel & Residential Apartment Building, $11,285,006.79, 12-Nov-20, 3 Moona St HUSKISSON, Withdrawn
- DA20/1598, Detached Shed, $31,250.00, 12-Nov-20, 598 Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA . Approved.
Click here to access SCC’s DA Tracking
- Service NSW are bringing services to your community.
Where: The Country Club, Links Ave, Sanctuary Point
When: Thursday 3rd December 2020
Time: 10am – 3pm
- Driver licence, photo card applications and renewals
- Driver Knowledge Tests
- Working With Children Check applications
- Applying for birth, death and marriage certificates
- Cost of Living service to access more than 70 government rebates and savings.
- Invitation to the Exhibition Opening ‘Promiscuous Provenance‘ by Anna Glynn, Maritime Museum. More information. RSVP to: email@example.com
- Life after bushfires. SANE Australia launches a new digital mental health resource, Life After Bushfires, designed to help NSW South Coast residents to focus on their mental health as part of their bushfire recovery.
Life After Bushfires includes real stories from locals affected by both complex mental health issues and the fires and provides information, tailored support services and connection through online peer-to-peer Forums. Go to www.sane.org/lifeafterbushfires to find tips on trauma recovery, self-care, connecting with others and seeking help.
- Did you know … The Shoalhaven Council publishes the data it collects on water quality in the Shoalhaven. If you’re interested you can find it here.
- Council is pleased to advise that the Plantation Point AmenitiesBuilding tender has been awarded to local company, Batmac Constructions. Weather permitting, Batmac are expected to commence site establishment on 30 November 2020 with work continuing on site until April 2021.
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank are seeking applications from eligible organisations for the funding of programs that support the recovery of bushfire affected communities. Applications close Friday 11 December 2020. More information
- Local expired flares collection – Woollamia Boat Ramp, Sunday 22 November 2020, 10.30 to 12.00.
- Local Sport Defibrillator Grant Program provides grants of up to $1,900 to Councils, sports and recreation clubs towards the purchase and maintenance of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
- Nominations for the Australia Day Awards close at 5.00pm on Monday 30 November 2020
- Elite Energy are looking for volunteers for the Callala Triathlon, Saturday 19th December 2020. More information.
- Our next meeting will be held Monday 8th February 2020, 7pm Huskisson Community Hall, Dent St, Huskisson.