Here is a quick update regarding matters that have come up since the last email update on 27 November 2020.
Have a wonderful festive season, and please stay safe.
Update from last email
- Extension: add your opinion to how you would like to see the Bay and Basin in the future. Survey here. If you would prefer a hard copy survey contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or 0408 672 087
- Flyover celebration next Wednesday afternoon 9th Dec, Plantation Point Reserve at 5.30pm. Organised by Vincentia Matters.
To be COVID safe bring your own chair, Good Cheer and nibbles
- Moona Moona Creek playground will be opened on 7th Dec, 11 am – go along! Some concern has been raised about the amount of soft fall provided, especially for children with a disability – check it out and give Council your feedback (on the whole playground – congratulations and disappointments).
SCC Planning documents for comment
- The Draft Illawarra Shoalhaven Regional Transport Plan (“Draft Plan”) is open for feedback until 29 January 2021. The Draft Plan outlines the strategic framework for how Transport for NSW will respond to changes in land use, population and travel demand across the region over the next 20 years. Your feedback will help to shape the future vision for transport in the region. View the plan and comment. Contact the Project Team on email@example.com
- Revised plans for Elizabeth Dr and Berry St intersection. More information. And you can find draft plans here. Please send comments to the Voice to collate by 25 December (reply to this email), or direct to Council by 1 January 2021 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applications currently being sought for members of Shoalhaven’s Youth Advisory Committee, due by 4pm, 4th January 2021. More information and how to apply.
- Comment sought on the proposal to install a Channelised Right Turn (CHR) treatment on The Wool Road at the Mernie Street intersection. More information. And you can find draft plans here. Please send comments to the Voice to collate by 5 January 2021 (reply to this email), or direct to Council by 8 January 2021 (email@example.com)
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA20/2312, 2 storey multi dwelling apartment, 4 units. 42 Duncan St.Submitted 6 Dec 2020.
- Milton Ulladulla bypass – the residents at Burrill Lake, Dolphin Point and Tabourie are in a battle with NSW Transport and Roads in regard to the proposed route of the Milton Ulladulla ByPass. e-petition requesting the route be altered to the west of Burrill Lake
A rally will be held on 13 Dec at 10.00am -Lions Park Burrill Lake, to allow the public to demonstrate to the government the public’s rejection of their proposed route which passes through Burrill Lake.
Please review and consider supporting if you share their concerns.
- Givit Appeal: Handmade gifts to struggling communities and families. ‘A Very GIVIT Christmas’ directory of more than 1,200 handmade items – generous donors can purchase gifts starting at $20 from hundreds of Aussie small businesses. These gifts will then be packaged up and sent, free of charge, to bushfire-affected New South Wales communities, from Batlow to Bega and Cooma to Cobargo.
- Sustainable Tourism infrastructure newsletter – improved walking trails
- Cost of Living specialist in Nowra is available to come and provide information on the Cost of Living and other Service NSW services at meetings/ events in our community. Cost of Living Service is a NSW Government initiative bringing more than 70 rebates and savings together in one convenient location. A savings finder tool is available at https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/campaign/cost-living which allows customers to answer 6 simple questions to quickly identify rebates and savings they may be eligible for. Contact Tash Evans Natacha.Evans@services.nsw.gov.au
- Manyana – Council votes on a proposal to have the unburnt Manyana forest protected as the ‘Manyana Special Conservation Reserve’ tomorrow. Contact councillors today if you support this proposal. More information.