HWCV’s first meeting for 2024 will be 19th February 2024, 7pm, Huskisson Community Centre, Dent St.
The first meeting for 2024 will include an update, plus time to collect your worries and wishes for 2024. These will become items that the HWCV will try to follow up on in 2024.
Updates from last meeting
- We received an update from council regarding the cleaning schedule of Owen St. David Wilson explained that the street is checked and cleaned of litter regularly. The waste collection is another department and he forwarded our query to them.
- Since our last meeting there has been a lot of discussion about Council’s financial situation. This hasn’t been resolved other than Council has decided not to ask for a special rate rise (the term used by the state government) but to explore the options in more depth with the new CEO, staff and community.
Council SCC Planning documents for comment
- Have your say (scroll down the council home page and click on Have your say)
- Road and safety improvements Vincentia
- Review of St Georges Basin Floodplain risk Management Study and Plan
- Marriot Park upgrades
- Shoalhaven Libraries Strategic Plan
Link to Documents on Exhibition
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA2023/3147 Jetty with Sea Stairs 9 Wood Crescent HUSKISSON29/01/2024 $40,000
- DA2023/3146 Roof & balcony additions to units 1 – 4 15Wood Crescent HUSKISSON 15/01/2024 $254,375
- DA2023/3189 Alterations and additions to Lady Denman Museum11 Dent Street HUSKISSON 15/01/2024 $117,812
- DA2023/3212 Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of new single dwelling and secondary dwelling 29 Currambene Street HUSKISSON17/01/2024 $638,590
- MA2023/3079 Window amendments 7 Jervis Street HUSKISSON16/01/2024 $1,197,460
- MA2023/3080 Removal of proposed Bed 1 ensuite addition 6Tomerong Street HUSKISSON 19/01/2024 $150,000
- MA2023/3086 Removing all references to use as health consulting rooms 2 Tomerong Street HUSKISSON 18/01/2024 $432,700
- DA2023/3155 Change of use to a dance studio and construction of an internal wall which is a pre-approved DA. 30 Duranbah Drive HUSKISSON9/01/2024 $13,275
- MA2023/3066 Modification to existing dwelling 6 Waddell Street HUSKISSON 9/01/2024 $400,000
- DA2023/3176 Change of use to vehicle repair station 5Snapper Road HUSKISSON 11/01/2024 $3,50
- DA2023/3099 Single storey dwelling with attached granny flat$576,130 31/01/2024 49 Currambene Street HUSKISSON NSW 2540 Approved
- MA2023/3079 Window amendments $1,197,460 2/02/2024 7 Jervis Street HUSKISSON NSW 2540 Approved
- MA2023/3080 Removal of proposed Bed 1 ensuite addition.$150,000 31/01/2024 6 Tomerong Street HUSKISSON NSW 2540 Approved
- MA2023/3066 Roof line changed to remove box gutters and be more consistent with existing roof line. $400,000 18/01/2024 6 Waddell Street HUSKISSON NSW 2540 Approved
Click here to access SCC’s DA Tracking – NB council DA Tracking site doesn’t seem to be working at the moment.
Events / Other
- Register for a talk by Dr Jenny Pierson, a Senior Ecologist with the Australian Wildlife Conservancy entitled “Providing sanctuaries for Mallee fowls, Gouldian Finches and other threatened birds”.The event will be held at St Georges Basin Country Club, 11 Paradise Beach Road, Sanctuary Point on Thursday 8 February at 7pm in the upstairs meeting room.
- About magazine cut off dates – 7th Feb, and 6th March
- Heart Foundation grants close 1st March
- Men’s Sheds grants closes 23rd Feb
- Marine Estate January newsletter
- Veolia Mulwaree Trust grants close 21st Feb
- The only sculpture in Australia by internationally renowned American artist, Barnett Newman will soon be on display in the town centre of Nowra. In February Broken obelisk is relocating from the forecourt of the National Gallery in Canberra to the forecourt of the Shoalhaven Regional Gallery where it will remain for the next five years as part of the ‘Sharing the National Collection’ initiative. The well-known, gravity-defying work is considered a masterpiece of human engineering and artistic innovation and is one of four versions in existence.