Below is a brief update on Council related matters. We also want to encourage you to make comment on the following two matters:
Shoalhaven Council financial sustainability report and options – comment closes 10th January 2024
We need to think about what we’re prepared to accept less of for a while, or how much more we’re prepared to pay. Council will be guided by what the community says.
Council is open to all suggestions for increasing income, as well as making savings – think outside the box!
Update from last meeting
At our recent meeting, 20th November, our general meeting was followed by our AGM. The new committee members are as follows:
- Chairperson: Jo Warren
- Public Officer: Rachel Marsden
- Secretary: Penny Davidson
- Treasurer: Rachel Marsden
- General Committee:
- Tony Lim
- Carol Blake
- Tony Rizzito
- We are also attaching the notes from the meeting with Coralie Bell and Phil Schafer regarding sustainable tourism. These are still in draft form.
- Penny Davidson attended the Council run CCB executive meeting on the 23rd November. Key points from this meeting will be sent in another email.
- Vincentia Festival – celebrating the opening of Burton St Mall – Sat 2nd December 12 midday to 8pm Link to Program
Jervis Bay Community CruiseShip Coalition (concerned group for the Marine Park) social catchup – 13th December, Jervis Bay Brewery from 5.30 pm onwards All welcome
SCC Planning documents for comment
Planning for a sustainable future
Service review – have your say
Proposed name “Carpenter Lane” for unnamed lane in Huskisson – comment due by Friday 8th December. The HWCV proposed this name, supported by the Carpenter family, and Jerrinja LALC, in recognition of the significant Aboriginal relationship to the place that is now called Huskisson.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA2023/3036, Construction of a 2 bedroom secondary dwelling,20 Knoll Parade, WOOLLAMIA.
- DA23/1858, Demolition of the existing dwelling house and construction of the new single storey dwelling house and detached habitable room. 7 Allora Cl, Woollamia.
- DA23/3021, Use of external freezer, 3 Watt St, Huskisson.
- PCD23/3039, Dwelling additions & Alterations, 336Huskisson Rd, Huskisson.
- PCD23/3040, Industrial unit development – divide unit 3 into two units, 8 Mussel Ct, Huskisson. Amendment of a complying development.
- Donate to the Mayors Giving Box :
- Drop an unwrapped present at the Giving Box at Stockland
- Make an online donation on the fundraising platform Give Now.
- The Mayor’s Giving Box is located between Lowes and Connor stores in the Stockland Nowra Shopping Centre and is open from Wednesday 15 November until Sunday 24 December.
- Input into the Mental health hub design, via zoom, Dec 6th 3 to 5.30. More information.
- Open Coast and Jervis Bay Coastal Management Plan Stage 4 Public exhibition. Information sessions will be held: Huskisson Community Centre 13th Dec 4 to 6pm, Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre 14th Dec, 4 to 6pm.
- Summer Movies at the Nowra Aquatic Park
- Letter from Country Mayors Association Chair – the letter outlines that councils are struggling under increased responsibility (handed over from the States and Commonwealth) without increased funding. Added to those extra expenses – they have to replace community infrastructure (ie roads) destroyed in natural disasters. Worth a read.