Last meeting for the year, and AGM:
Monday 20th November,
Some of you might be interested in:
Defence Community Consultative Sessions regarding monitoring of PFAS on and around HMAS Albatross:
Thursday 9th November
Drop-in information session 12pm to 2pm
5.30 to 8.00pm – Assistant Minister for Defence formal presentation at 6.30, followed by a question and answer forum.
Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre
42 Bridge Road, Nowra
Update from last meeting
- Council has written to the HWCV explaining that the removal of the mature street tree on Elizabeth Drive was because there was a broken water main near the tree, and Shoalhaven Water believed that the repair work would make the tree unstable.
- Council have reported that since April this year, 10 out of the 38 major landslips of the reconstruction project have been repaired on the 15 roads impacted by landslips. More information.
- Recently Fisheries and South Coast Mariculture met with HWCV executive to inform us that they will be putting in a modification application for the mussel farms in Jervis Bay. As far as we know this application has not been submitted yet.
- As a result of talking to various stakeholders they have released a Frequently Asked Questions document.
- We will let you know when the modification is submitted and open to public comment.
- You may have other questions for SCM. They currently farm the species Mytilus Galloprinvincialis, which originates from Europe. The native mussel species in Jervis Bay is Mytilus Planulatus.
- Further information: Previous Environmental impact statement and risk assessment
- Consent conditions
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Public exhibition 45 degree rule amendment, closes 29 November 2023
- Public exhibition of Bay and Basin Leisure Centre refurbishment, comment closes 26 November 2023
- ICOLL Catchments Flash Flood Warning System Scoping Study , survey closes 26 November 2023
- Review of Environmental Factors – Huskisson / Vincentia Sewer pumping station upgrades, closes 29 November 2023
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- CD23/1643, Swimming Pool, 444B Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA, 27-Oct-23, $40,000.00
- DA23/1833, Fibreglass Inground Pool & Spa, 613 Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA, 18-Oct-23, $88,530.00
- DS23/1858, Demolition and renovation of existing building, 7 Allora Cl, Woollamia.
- CD23/1643, Swimming Pool, 444B Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA, Approved
- DA23/1562, Demolition of Motel & Construction of Tourist Hotel, $27,342,183.00, 19-Oct-23, 28 Bowen St & 34-38 Hawke St, HUSKISSON, Withdrawn
- About magazine cut-off dates for Jan/Feb is 29th Dec 2023.
- NSW Marine Estate Newsletter – October
- Marine Parks Forum – Sydney or zoom, 13th November