You may be interested in this upcoming event:
“Two decades of the Jervis Bay Marine Park – a voyage through the scientific investigations of this special place”.
Nathan Knott, Senior Research Scientist in Fisheries/Marine Ecosystems
5-6pm Saturday 4th November 2023
Huskisson Community Hall Dent Street, Huskisson
Update from last meeting
- At our recent meeting, 16th October, we were lucky enough to have Coralie Bell and Phil Schafer from City Futures and Tourism, Shoalhaven City Council as guest speakers. Many of you provided questions for them and unfortunately we didn’t have time to get them all answered. When they have confirmed the notes from the meeting we will circulate to you.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Have your say Broughton Creek Flood study
- Apologies: we have only just received this link seeking input about Nowra – Bomaderry transport (closes 23rd Oct). We have asked for an extension but haven’t heard back. Perhaps try emailing … Nowra@transport.nsw.gov.au(External link)
- Care2Prepare helps people with disability, older people and family and friend carers be better prepared for floods and bushfires. They are currently seeking participants in the Shoalhaven to trial tools to assist. More information.
- Danjera Dam works – access will be closed from 3rd October. Project information.
- New Deputy Mayor – Shoalhaven City Councillor Evan Christen was elected Deputy Mayor at Council’s Ordinary meeting on 25 September 2023. Cr Christen will now serve the role until the next Local Government election to be held in September 2024
- The Community Consultative Body guidelines have been amended and accepted by Council. New guidelines.
- Lake Conjola CMP update – Stage 2 report available.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA23/1821, Dwelling Alterations & Additions & Inground Swimming Pool, 776 Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA, $2,973,608.00
- CD23/1566, Twenty Five (25) Lot Strata Subdivision, 15 Fegen St, 25-Sep-23, $1.00
- SF11014, Two Staged Torrens Title Subdivision, 27 Hawke St, HUSKISSON, $27,786.00
- DA23/1772, Two Staged Multi-Dwelling Development with Swimming Pools, 27 Hawke St, HUSKISSON, $2,967,207.10
- DA23/1774, Demolition of Buildings, Construction of Mixed Use Commercial & Residential Building with Basement Parking, 41 Owen St, HUSKISSON, $12,760,000.00
- DA23/1781, Four Storey Apartment Building Containing Fifteen Residential Apartments with Basement Parking, 5 Beach St, HUSKISSON, $11,588,500.00
- DA23/1784, Demolition of Buildings & Construction of Residential Flat Building Comprising 35 Apartments & 90 Basement Car Parking Spaces, 56 Hawke St, HUSKISSON, $15,427,850.00
- DS23/1313, Two (2) Detached Residential Flat Buildings – 25 Dwellings S4.55 Modification – Amend condition relating to floor to ceiling heights., 15-17 Fegen St, Huskisson
- CD23/1563, Demolition to Include internal Walls (all), Internal Bathroom (to be relocated). Entry to existing Shopfronts & Awning Structure to Owen St – Modification – to remove all external walls and floors as notated on the revised demolition plan, 46 Owen St, Huskisson
- CD23/1536, Alterations & Additions to existing Dwelling & New Construction of Garage, 7 Beecroft St, Huskisson
- DS23/1344, Alterations &Additions to Existing Dwelling, Pool and Detached Shed, 35 Seasongood Rd, Woollamia
- DA23/1833, Fibreglass inground pool and spa, 613 Woollamia Rd, Woollamia
- SFH23/1121, Solid Fuel Heater Installation, 43 Willowford Rd
- DA23/1699, Demolition of Shed & Construction of a Detached Shed, 751 Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA. Approved
- CD23/1566, Twenty Five Lot Strata Subdivision, $1.00, 15 Fegen St, HUSKISSON, Approved
- DA23/1405, Swimming Pool & Deck, 7 Waddell St, HUSKISSON, Approved
- Introduction to free Mental Health First Aid course, Wednesday 25 October, from 10am to 12pm, at Nowra Library, 10 Berry Street, Nowra.For more information and to secure a spot, visit the Shoalhaven Libraries website
- Birdlife Shoalhaven magazine
- Jervis Bay Maritime Museum Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 28th November, from 11.00am at the Museum
- Call for new committee members of the Escape Artfest committee, if you are interested please RSVP by Friday 27 Oct. The Annual General Meeting will be held Monday 30 October, 5.30pm sharp, Harvest Bar, 89A Croobyar Rd Milton. email@example.com
- SSPAN Trivia night – fund raiser for suicide prevention and awareness, 28 October, 6.30 for 7.30 start. Bomaderry Bowling Club. $25. More information.