Apologies, it is some time since we last sent out an update.
Hopefully this one will make up for it!
Don’t forget to vote in the State election, 25th March.
Update from last meeting
- On Monday 20th March a joint CCB meeting was held to discuss the draft CCB policy and draft Community Engagement Strategy. The attending CCBs are united in asking for greater clarity about the relationship between Council and CCBs. Resulting submission to Council.
- Opportunity to give back: The Huskisson Community Centre is run by a local committee in order to minimise the cost of hiring to local groups and businesses. They are looking for some fresh energy on their committee. The hall committee meets once a month on the third Wednesday of the month at 3pm, and the meeting lasts about an hour. If you would like to help on this committee email Jann.
- A collection of CCBs organised a candidates forum on 14th March. Attached are the notes from this forum for your information. Thank you to Bruce Goldsmith for his efforts in organising this.
- The Huskisson Woollamia Community Voice has expressed concern about the development of apartments adjacent to Moona Moona Creek, next to Aquamist. Because we made a submission expressing concerns we have been invited to a conciliation meeting between Council and the developer to be held on site. If anyone would like to input to a possible 5 minute presentation (we can’t be sure we will be able to make a presentation) or would like to attend as an observer, then reply to this email.
- The Voice committee met with SCC directors James Ruprai and Carey McIntyre last week to talk about what a liveable and walkable Huskisson / Woollamia might look like. They promised that would continue to talk with the community as relevant plans are reviewed or developed.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Last chance!!
Feedback or submissions on Council’s amendments to the Vegetation Management policy will close on 31st March.
Online feedback form. and you can find more information here.
- Have your say on other projects such as the Nowra River Front Activation plan – Get Involved
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA23/1135, Demolition of Dwelling, Construction of Two Storey Dwelling & Swimming Pool, 7 Jervis St, HUSKISSON, 22-Feb-23, $1,197,460.00
- DA23/1144, Demolition of Pool & Installation of Inground Swimming Pool, 3 Waddell St, HUSKISSON, 23-Feb-23, $68,700.00
- CD23/1109, Commercial Building alterations, 8 Currambene St, Huskisson. Complying development
- DS23/1084, S4.55(1) Modification to Conditions 18 of Development Consent DA22/1310, 3 and 4 Beach St, Huskisson.
- DA22/2198, Industrial Building for Use as Ancillary Storage to Existing Cabinet Making Business , $368,000.00, HUSKISSON, 10-Mar-23, 5 Scallop St, HUSKISSON, Approved
- Businesses and managers: invitation to cyber security workshop to be held on 3rd May
- About magazine – deadline for May edition is 5th April
- Shoalhaven Eucalypt Photo competition – deadline for entries 21st April
- As the homelessness crisis continues to grow in Shoalhaven, the Mayor’s Relief Fund – as part of the Thrive Together campaign – is now open for community donations that will support people experiencing homelessness, often through no fault of their own. Donate now.
- Birdlife Shoalhaven invitation to: Beyond Threatened Species, Ulladulla Civic Centre, 29 April, 2pm. Register here.
- Bundanon exhibition