Here is a quick update from the Huskisson Woollamia Community Voice.
Our next meeting will be 9th August, 7pm, Huskisson Community Centre – we’ll send out an email if the meeting needs to be cancelled because of COVID.
Update from last meeting and emai
- Comments are still being sought on the draft Bay and Basin Community Led Strategic Plan. If you support / endorse or disagree with the plan please send a brief email to email@example.com
- The Voice has joined a Coalition of Bay and Basin Community Groups which is researching into the impacts of cruise ships in Jervis Bay. The Port Authority will be holding a community consultation at some stage in the future. Whilst a permit hasn’t been given to the cruise ship company you can see their advertisement of the cruise into Jervis bay here.
- Bay and Basin Community Roadmap is completed. This guides funding criteria. Please look at the Roadmap and consider if any not-for-profit organisation you’re involved in could apply for this money (including the Voice). Roadmap Newsletter 16 June 2021.
- As part of Council restructure community groups will now liaise with the Community Connections team instead of the Community Engagement team, so we farewell and thank Madelaine North and Sandy Sturgiss.
- Our request for a reduction in speed on Woollamia Road has been forwarded to Transport for NSW.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Community Voices community consultation – attend one of these Council visits to your location to tell them your ideas for the future of your area.
- Dog policy survey, to be completed by 26 July.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- CD21/1492, Dwelling additions, 17 Waddell St, Huskisson, Complying development
- DS21/1217, S4.55 (1A) Modification – Modification to conditions 1 and 17, 11 Fegen St, Huskisson.
- DA21/1702, Conversion of detached shed to habitable rooms, 777 Woollamia Rd, Woollamia,
- DA21/1706. Alterations and additions to internal configuration, 18 Sunnyside Av, Woollamia
- CD21/1488, Swelling alterations, 742 Woollamia Rd, Woollamia. Complying development.
- DS21/1214, S4.55 (1A) Modification – Modification of Condition 4(f) of SF7919. 22 James Farmer Gr, Woollamia.
Recent Development Applications Approved n Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA21/1375, Two Storey Dwelling & Detached Habitable Room, $1,800,000.00, 10 Sydney St HUSKISSON, Approved.
- DA21/1135, Dwelling alterations, additions & in ground swimming pool, $550,000.00, 43 Willowford Rd WOOLLAMIA, Approved
- SAHSSI walk – a fantastic walk, and you can support local homelessness services at the same time; register now.
- Jervis Bay intersection update and survey
- Cutoff date for September About Our Bay and Basin magazine is 4th August. Articles to firstname.lastname@example.org, advertisements to email@example.com
- Recovery newsletter
- Bushfire recovery grants
- Marine Estate Management June newsletter