Here is an update regarding events, and Council matters.
In response to the recent Public Health Order, Council is requesting that all visitors to our indoor facilities (aged 12 years and over) wear a mask. Council buildings include the Shoalhaven City Council administration buildings, libraries, gallery, Sport Swim Fitness facilities, community halls, emergency management buildings etc. from 9am tomorrow, Friday 25 June 2021.
This is the only instance where we differ from the NSW Public Health Order (as at 24th June)
Update from last meeting
- We have been sent a copy of a letter written by the NSW Port Authority regarding cruise ships in Jervis Bay. See attached. A number of CCBs are gathering information regarding the implications and concerns of cruise ships in the Bay.
- The Voice has recently given support to Council’s grant application to tar the car parking on Bowen St adjacent to White Sands Park, and finish concreting the footpath there.
- Hawke Street, Berry St and Keppel St tree removal works have been rescheduled due to weather and are programmed to start after the school holidays on Tuesday 13th July and to be completed on Friday 16th July, weather permitting.
- The final draft of the Bay and Basin Community led strategic plan is available for comment. Please comment by 25th July. Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice representatives attended a Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal workshop to develop funding priorities for Bay and Basin grants. More information about the grants will be forwarded when available.
- Council’s response regarding our question about a compensatory tree policy was that on 1 October 2019 Council resolved “That the matter of Urban Greening Strategy and Voluntary Compensatory Tree Planting Policy be withdrawn pending a Councillor briefing and report back to Council.” This briefing and report has not been prepared yet.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Community Voices are coming to your community with the aims to give community members an opportunity to get together and talk about what you love about where you live, and any ideas for future opportunities in our town or village. – venues and dates, and link to survey.
- Dog policy review – please take the survey.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA21/1586, Detached Garage, 750 Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA, 8-Jun-21.
- CD21/1359, Dwelling Alterations & Additions, 9 Vallon Rd, WOOLLAMIA, 19-May-21.
- DS21/1172, S4.55(1A) modification application – request to amend plans relating to the location of ice making machine, 6 Bolten Rd, Huskisson, Approved
- DA21/1658, Alterations & additions including new swimming pool, 10 Owen St, Huskisson, 24 June 2021
- CD21/1436, Workshop & office – storage mezzanine, 17 Duranbah Dr, Huskisson, 24 June 2021, Approved
- CD21/1441, In ground swimming pool, 32 Sydney St, Huskisson, 24 June 2021, Approved
- DA21/1622, Covered entertainment area, swimspa, remove existing skillion roof at rear of building, 25 Streamside St, Woollamia, 17 June 2021.
- CD21/1427, Detached garage, 7 Allora Cl, Woollamia, Approved
- SAHSSI event – raising awareness and funds for homelessness
- Recovery newsletter
- Highway upgrade summary report
- Update regarding clearing near IGA – it may not be too late to provide a submission
- Volunteers needed Elite Energy