Below is a quick update regarding matters of interest to residents and rate payers in the area.
Please note our next meeting will be on Monday 29 March, starting 7:00pm (Huskisson Community Centre). Council engineers Phil Critchley and Scott Wells will be attending this meeting to talk about traffic and parking in Huskisson. You can find links to copies of the current plans via this link.
Update from last meeting
- Council is likely to receive funds from the Public Spaces Legacy grant for an upgrade to the Ulladulla foreshore. These funds have been granted as a result of fast tracking an expansion of the West Nowra waste facility, and modifications to the Shoalhaven Starches site to aid in the production of hand sanitiser. More information about this program.
- There has been no response from Council regarding our questions about the compensatory tree program and its progress; and whether Council monitors the existing tree canopy of the Shoalhaven.
- There has been no response from Council regarding our request that the speed limit on Woollamia Rd be lowered.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- The Bay and Basin Strategic plan survey is open until 15th March – add your view to the strategic plan https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SecondBayAndBasinSurvey
- Don’t forget to check out the Council Get Involved page on the Council website.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA21/1135, Dwelling Alterations, Additions & In Ground Swimming Pool, 43 Willowford Rd, WOOLLAMIA, submitted 17-Feb-21, $550,000.00
- DS21/1047, Change of Use to Artisan Food and Drink Industry – Unit 8 – S4.55(1A) – Modification to Approved Plans, 5 Erina Rd, Huskisson, submitted 2 Mar 2021.
- RD21/1000, Six (6) Glamping Tent Sites. New Wastewater system. Conversion of Farm Pavilion to amenities building and associated Carparking, 15 Vallon Rd, Woolamia, Submitted 5 Mar 2021.
Recent Development Applications Approved n Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA21/1060, Huskisson Bowling Club Alterations & Additions – Additions & Change of Use of Outbuilding to Outdoor Dining, Reduce Size of 1 Green, Widen Path, Landscape Treatments & Installation of Playground Equipment, 336 Huskisson Rd, HUSKISSON,
- Sustainable Tourism Infrastructure Projects newsletter
- Extension of community grant programs until midnight 7 March
- Information and invitation to a webinar regarding the development at 12 The Wool Rd, Vincentia
- Additional Accidential Counsellor workshop call for Expression Of Interest
- Public meeting regarding a Shoalhaven Greenfield hospital, 24 March 2021
- May edition of About magazine cutoff date is 7th April
- If you have any feedback (positive or negative) on the Husky Triathlon last weekend send it through (reply via this link) and we’ll forward to the organisers of the event.