Below is a quick update regarding matters of interest to residents and rate payers in the area.
29 March, 7pm, Huskisson Community Centre, Dent St.
This meeting will focus on traffic and parking in Huskisson / Woollamia. Council Engineers Phil Critchley and Scott Wells will be talking about current plans.
Download copies of traffic and parking plans.
We will hold an additional meeting to cover general business on Monday 3rd May, 7pm, Huskisson Community Centre.
We’d also like to highlight a film and information night about a review process of marine parks, being held at Jervis Bay Brewery, 24th March, 6pm.
Update from last meeting
- Ben Coddington from Council is looking into the progress of Council’s motion calling for a tree compensatory program.
- Our request for a lower speed on Woollamia Road has been forwarded to Transport for NSW.
- The Voice meeting on 3rd May will discuss the Triathlon, but we welcome any feedback prior to that meeting. Give feedback now.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Go to the Council Get Involved page to find out more about:
- Shoalhaven community and recreational precinct
- Greenwell Point – Titania Park Public Amenities
- Plan of Management Review for Crown Lands
- Managing growth in Ulladulla, Milton and surrounds
- Halloran Trust Planning Proposal – Callala Bay and Kinghorne Point
- Halloran Trust Planning Proposal – Culburra Beach
- Sustainable Tourism Infrastructure Projects
- Currarong Creek Flood Study
- Millards Creek Flood study
- and others
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- CD21/1146, Change of Use from Retail to Food & Drink Premises, 12 Currambene St, HUSKISSON submitted 9-Mar-21.
- DS21/1067, Construction of Commercial Building and Extension to Existing Building – S4.55(1A) – Modification to DA20/2009 – Extensions to laundrette storage area and changing the bathroom of approved plans as in DA20/2009, 12 Erina Rd, Huskisson, Submitted: 15/03/2021
- CD21/1164, Single Storey Dwelling & Detached Garage, 3 Jervis St, Huskisson, Submitted: 17/03/2021
- DS21/1075, S4.55(2) modification, 43 Willowford Rd, Woollamia, submitted 18 Mar 2021.
Recent Development Applications Approved n Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA20/2431, Dwelling Alterations & Additions, $183,000.00, 16 Currambene St, HUSKISSON
- DA21/1011, Dwelling Alterations & Additions, $230,000.00, 1 Sunnyside Av, WOOLLAMIA
- Council invites Seniors in the Shoalhaven to a workshop to discuss and identify opportunities for improving well-being and supporting a stronger, healthier and happier community for all. Wednesday 24 March 2021, 3.00 to 4.00pm, The Country Club, St Georges Basin. Other events.
- The Australian National University is doing a survey to understand the impact of bushfires and smoke on health, wellbeing and lifestlye. Take the survey here.
- Council is revisiting the Milton Ulladulla structure plan. More information – stay involved.
- Service NSW mobile van will be at Burton St carpark, Vincentia, 1 April 9.00 am until 12.
- Meet the Crossroads Rural Fire Service at Vincentia shopping village, 27 March, 9.30am
- Nominate your town for ‘top tourism town’
- Composting at home workshop, Saturday 27 March 2021, 9.30am. More information and booking.
- Jervis Bay Rd / Hwy intersection, information and Frequently asked questions