Here is a quick update regarding matters that have come up since our last email and information that Council has sent through:
Update on current matters:
- 3 Moona St, proposed hotel and apartments – your input.
The Voice will be putting in comments on this proposal focusing on areas where the application does not appear to comply with the planning regulations. We will also note that in last year’s community consultation the points which were considered the most important were: development that preserves the character; respect of heritage, preservation of the views, and protecting the environment. So that we can more accurately indicate the community perspective can you please let us know (email within the week) if you:
- Support the development at 3 Moona St as proposed
- Not sure
- Don’t support the development at 3 Moona St as proposed
- And any other thoughts that you might have.
- More information on the Voice website.
- Shoalhaven Tourism has confirmed that the community will be informed in writing of any forthcoming special events in the area, such as races. Special events are those defined as having over 1000 participants.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- The Shoalhaven 2040 – Our Strategic Land-use Planning Statement will be available for comment between 1 July and 31 July. This document anticipates how the City might change and outlines the work required to manage development and the delivery of infrastructure and services. It addresses a broad range of topics, including:
- The number, type, and location of new homes.
- Provision of infrastructure and services.
- Job creation and economic growth.
- Protecting and adapting to our environment.
- Enhancing our heritage, landscapes, and neighbourhoods.
- Go to www.getinvolved.shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au/LSPS
- Poll on a new dog off-leash area at Dolphin Point. Participate here
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
DA20/1590, Single Storey Dwelling with Solid Fuel Heater, 26A Streamside St, WOOLLAMIA, submitted 17-Jun-20
DA20/1592, Reconstruction of Internal Access Ramp, 11 Dent St, HUSKISSON, submitted 17-Jun-20
DA20/1263, Detached Machinery Shed, 18-Jun-20, 26B Streamside St, WOOLLAMIA.
DA20/1182, Change of Use From Mushroom Farming To Boat Repair Facility, 10-Jun-20, 14 Pritchard Av, WOOLLAMIA.
There is a groundswell of concern regarding the solution for the dangerous intersection on the corner of Jervis Bay Road and the highway. Vincentia Matters posed some questions to Shelley Hancock recently and received these answers.
Elite Energy is taking volunteer registrations, register here.
Shoalhaven City Council recovery newsletters.