Here is a quick update regarding matters that have come up since our last email out (28 June), and information that has been sent through to us from Council:
Update from last meeting
- WIN TV is running a poll on whether you would like a Flyover (Overpass) or a roundabout at JB Road intersection.
The poll is being run through the WIN News Illawarra Facebook:
It is also available via Vincentia Matters Facebook page:
- Unfortunately voting is only available on Facebook and ceases this evening.
- Last week the Voice supported other CCBs in talking to the media, indicating that an overpass would be the safest option.
- The Voice is preparing a submission in response to DA20/1453 proposed motel and apartments at Moona St, Huskisson. In the last email we asked for your view on the application – in summary the response was:
Support for Moona St development: 0
Objection to Moona St development: 10
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Council wants your feedback on their first ever Local Strategic Planning Statement, currently known as Shoalhaven 2040 – Our Local Strategic Planning Statement. The draft document will be publicly exhibited between Wednesday 1 July and Friday 31 July 2020.
Document can be found here.
- Draft Plaques and Memorials Policy & Amendment to Parks Management Policy.
The draft Policies have been placed on public exhibition from Wednesday 1 July 2020 to Friday 31 July 2020 (inclusive) at the City Administration Centre, Bridge Road, Nowra. The documents can also be viewed on Council’s Documents on Exhibition web page.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA20/1617, Replace Underground Tanks & Bowsers, Tomerong St, HUSKISSON, submitted 25-Jun-20
- DA20/1624, Detached Garage, 19 Morton St, HUSKISSON, Submitted 26-Jun-20DA20/1641, Urban Dwelling Additions – Additional ensuite & robe to rear or house, covered deck to front of house, 7 Morton St, Huskisson, Submitted: 01/07/2020
- DS20/1278, Demolition of Existing Cottage & Outbuildings; Proposed New 2 Storey Dual Occ, Driveway and Landscaping – Two Storey Dual Occupancy & Demolition of Existing Dwelling & Outbuildings – Sec 4.55 Amending first floor construction material to timber frame, 8 Keppel St, Huskisson, Submitted: 18/06/2020
- DA20/1598, Rural Dwelling Additions- Proposed Pre-fabrication metal shed. 598 Woollamia Rd, Woollamia, Submitted: 18/06/2020
- DS20/1292, Outbuildings – Proposed Shed – Sec 4.55 Amended Site Plan- Shed to run Parallel to fence, 4B Knoll Pde, Woollamia, Submitted: 26/06/2020
- About Magazine – cut-off for August edition is Wednesday 8th July
All contributions related to Articles and Community News should be sent to: email@example.com
All Advertising related correspondence should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre – announces that shows are back on sale! See attached
- Council wishes to advise that Amendment No. 33 to Shoalhaven Local Environmental Plan 2014 – Ulladulla CBD South Building Heights and Zoning Amendment was notified on the NSW Legislation website by NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment on Friday 26 June 2020.Council anticipates that the following reports on Strategic Planning projects or matters will be considered by Council’s Development & Environment Committee at its Monday 20 July 2020 meeting. You can confirm this by checking the meeting agenda which will be available online from the afternoon of Friday preceding the meeting on Council’s Website at:
- Preliminary Consultation Outcomes – Berry Heritage Investigations
- Post Exhibition Consideration/Finalisation – Draft Amendment – Chapter G21 Car Parking & Traffic – Shoalhaven DCP 2014 (DCP2014.41)
- Proposed Exhibition Package – Draft Voluntary Planning Agreement Policy and Draft Works in Kind Agreement Policy
- Proposed Planning Proposal – Amendment to Clause 4.1H of Shoalhaven Local Environmental Plan 2014
- Boarding House Amendment (CP2019.5) – Shoalhaven Contributions Plan 2019 – Post Exhibition Consideration and Proposed Finalisation
- The meeting is scheduled to start at 5:00pm and will be held in the Council Chambers at Council’s Administration Building. Due to social distancing requirements at this time, the Council Chambers are closed to the public. You can however view the meeting live on Council’s website at https://webcast.shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au/
See Council website for how to make a deputation on these matters.
- FYI: Bundanon is also open. Established in 1993 Bundanon Trust supports arts practice and engagement with the arts through its residency, education, exhibition and performance programs. In preserving the natural and cultural heritage of its site Bundanon promotes the value of landscape in all our lives. More information here.