Here is a quick update regarding Huskisson and Woollamia matters.
The Jervis Bay Community CruiseShip Coalition (of which the Voice is a member) has put out a Call to Action.
Please find an update sent by the JBCCC.
The first push is to let our local representatives know that we don’t want cruise ships in Jervis Bay; or at the very least are very concerned as there is no evidence that any environmental studies have been done, or even economic modelling of costs/benefits.
Contact your chosen representative (or a few of them) this week, and let them know. Addresses and suggestions here.
An interesting article on cruise ships, including Jervis Bay, was in The Guardian this weekend. (hopefully you can access)
Activity and information since last meeting
Our last meeting was followed by our AGM. The new committee is as follows:
- Chairperson: no nominees; in the absence of a permanent chair the Voice will have a rotating chair.
- Public Officer: Rachel Marsden
- Secretary: Penny Davidson
- Treasurer: Rachel Marsden
- General Committee:
Amy Hollis – pending agreement
- The Mayor has responsed to our concerns that we haven’t been told about current plans for parking in Huskisson.
We’ve seen this sign around – some community members are getting very concerned about this!
SCC Planning documents for comment and information
Council invites you to contribute feedback to help inform the Community Strategic Plan Review. The Plan is a long-term strategy that captures the community’s priorities and vision for the future. We’re reviewing the Plan to ensure it remains relevant and contains the aspirations of the whole community.
It’s really easy to provide input, and you can give as much or as little feedback as you wish. Go to the above link and you can:
- Complete the Survey
- Pin a place to our City map and post a comment or photo that tells us what you love about Shoalhaven City
- Request a Children’s Activity Sheet – get your child/ren involved in imagining a bright future for our City
- Answer our Facebook Questions – contribute to the conversation by answering the key questions we pose each week on Council’s Facebook page
- Return a Postcard – lookout for a postcard in your mailbox or pick one up from a Council facility – write your thoughts on the back and pop it in the mail (reply paid – no postage required)
- Consultation closes midnight 3rd Dec 2021.
Please, if you have time, make a comment on this very important document.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA21/2365, Fence, 57 Burrill St, HUSKISSON
- CD21/1845, In-Ground Swimming Pool, 10 Beecroft St, HUSKISSON
- DA21/2322, New Dwelling, 414 Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA,
- DS21/1430, Change of Use to Artisan Food & Drink – S4.55(1A) modification – modification to consent for number of persons and beer garden awning proposal, 5 Erina Rd, Huskisson.
- DS21/1439, S4.55(1A) Modification to the approved architectural design. 37 Owen St, Huskisson.
- DS21/1440, S4.55(2) Modifications to the approved architectural design, 9 Beach St, Huskisson.
- DA21/2408, Industrial units (8), display areas, accessible toilets, mezzanine levels for storage. 30 Duranbah Dr, Huskisson