Here is a quick update regarding Huskisson and Woollamia matters.
Activity and information since last meeting
- Paul Sutton, and his family, have contributed tirelessly to the community over the last 25 years, including the organisation of the Clean Up Australia Day from Moona Moona Creek. They are retiring from the Clean Up Australia Day organisation and we’d like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude, and thank them for their efforts.
Their retirement leaves a gap in the community clean up efforts – if anyone would like to organise the Clean Up Australia Day for 2022 (or longer), please contact us at email@example.com, Paul is willing to offer guidance.
- A special email update on the cruise ship proposal and the draft marine park management plan will be coming out in a couple of days.
Meanwhile you might like to register for the Marine Estate management Authority’s community information webinar, to be held on Tuesday 21 December, 12 to 1 (the more people that attend the better).
SCC Planning documents for comment and information
- See Council Get Involved Page
- State policy on exhibition:
The Design and Place SEPP 2021– on exhibition until 28 February 2022.
A series of webinars are also being held, that will discuss each of the key areas of the Design and Place SEPP in more detail:
Urban Design Guide webinar – 12pm Monday 13 December
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- CD21/1929, In Ground Swimming Pool, 7 Allora Cl, WOOLLAMIA,
- CD21/1930, Detached Shed, 24 Seasongood Rd, WOOLLAMIA,
- DA21/2478, Single Storey Dwelling, 26A Streamside St, WOOLLAMIA.
- DA21/2427, Dwelling Alterations, Additions & Change of Use, HUSKISSON, 2 Tomerong St, HUSKISSON
- DA21/2438, Marine Rescue Jervis Bay Base Alterations & Additions, HUSKISSON , Currambene St, HUSKISSON, $562,980.00
- DA21/2443, Single Storey Dwelling, WOOLLAMIA, 1 Fairfax Rd, WOOLLAMIA, 26-Nov-21, $355,095.00
- DS21/1464, amendment to Plan, Section 96 Amendment, 6 Sydney St, Huskisson
- DS21/1468, amendment to Plan New Dwelling & Detached Habitable Room, Section 96 Amendment, 10 Sydney St, Huskisson
- DS21/1471, S4.55(1a) Modification to Development Consent DA21/1060 – Modification to internal layout, outdoor covered area & addition of a storeroom, Section 96 Amendment, 336 Huskisson Rd, Huskisson.
- DS21/1452, Dwelling Alterations, Additions & In Ground Swimming Pool – withdrawn, 43 Willowford Rd, Woollamia.
- DA21/2518, Demolition, 43 Willowford Rd, Woollamia
- DA21/2053, Dual Occupancy (Detached 2 New Units), In Ground Swimming Pool & Two Lot Torrens Title Subdivision, $850,000.00, 16 Beecroft St, HUSKISSON. Approved
- CD21/1929, In Ground Swimming Pool, $23,320.00, 7 Allora Cl, WOOLLAMIA. Approved
- CD21/1930, Detached Shed, $48,000.00, 24 Seasongood Rd, WOOLLAMIA. Approved
- Shoalhaven City Council (Council) has received a Coastal and Estuary Grant from the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) to undertake dune revegetation works at Collingwood Beach.
- As part of the 2021/22 Summer Holiday Break program, grants of up to $10,000 are available to eligible not-for-profit organisations to provide recreational youth activities, events, services and programs for young people aged 12 – 24 in regional communities. Grants are provided through the Office for Regional Youth. Applications close 20 December 2021
- Preparing local communities for disaster grants – close 6th January 2022. Grants are for projects of $10,000 to $10 million.
- Local Information Hub
- Sustainable Tourism newsletter
- About magazine – March edition cutoff date 2 Feb 2022, April edition cutoff date 2 March 2022.
- VRRA have let us know that the Bocce court construction is underway (we think this is at Plantation Point)