Here is a quick update regarding matters that have come up since our last email out and information that Council has recently sent through:
- Shoalhaven City Council is hosting a virtual Webinar on the Draft Delivery Program, Operational Plan and Budget 2020/21 at 3.00pm on Thursday 18 June 2020. You can learn more about the services, programs and projects Council has planned for the coming financial year and ask any questions you may have. More information her, or go to the Delivery Program, Operational Plan and Budget 2020/21 Get Involved page on Council’s website.
- This coming Sunday 21 June 2020 Our Future Shoalhaven (a new community group) will be providing information on the natural and cultural heritage values of Moona Moona Creek as an aid for the community to respond to the proposed hotel/apartment complex at Moona Moona Creek, 11 am to 4 pm. See their Facebook for more information or here.
Update from last meeting
- Public transport:
The Shoalhaven Transport Forum (STF) in conjunction with Premier Buses is developing a proposal to provide improved public transport to residents of the Shoalhaven. The STF is seeking support from Community Associations to stengthen the presentation of the proposal to State Parliament. More details her.
The Voice is happy to collect your thoughts and likely take-up rates of the proposed service, which we will forward to the group. The group also invites any residents who have an interest in this proposal to join the Forum or contact them.
Reply to this email with your answers:
What do you think of this proposal?
Would you use the proposed service?
- Shoalhaven ratepayers will be receiving three Garden Waste Disposal Vouchers. These vouchers are additional to the annual Household Waste Disposal Vouchers. Each Garden Waste Disposal Voucher is valid until the 31st of July 2021 and can be redeemed at any of Council’s Recycling and Waste Depots.
- Shoalhaven City Council COVID 19 Financial Relief Package:
Ratepayers can opt-in and access $300 of financial relief for their first 2020/21 rates instalment and future water accounts (to be applied across rates, domestic waste, water and sewer charges collectively).
Go to online link for more information. Forms can also be mailed or emailed to Council. Contact Council’s COVID 19 Financial Relief Hotline on 4429 5886 and complete the application with staff assistance.
Applications to opt-in for the program must be received by 30 June 2020.
Mark Emerton from Elite Energy met with 2 Woollamia residents and a member of the Voice to discuss whether access to Woollamia could be improved during the triathlon. No immediate solutions were found, but both parties are willing to continue the discussion.
- Destination Parks:
The Strategy and Assets Committee, 9 June 2020, voted to create a new category of park, Destination Parks, and voted that Huskisson would be one of the four sites for a Destination Park. The Voice did not receive any communication from Council regarding this proposal. The report to the Council meeting is here.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Shoalhaven City Council is hosting a virtual Webinar on the Draft Delivery Program, Operational Plan and Budget 2020/21 at 3.00pm on Thursday 18 June 2020. See first dot point in this email.
- The Council would like to receive feedback on the design concepts for the new Sanctuary Point library – survey to be completed by 5pm 26 June 2020.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- CD20/1259 Dwelling Alterations (Internal), 53 Currambene St, Huskisson, Complying Development Approved. Submitted: 09/06/2020
- CD20/1266, Strata Title Subdivision (8), 13 Nowra St, Huskisson, Complying Development Approved, Submitted 16/6/20
- DA20/1588, Units/Flats – Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of four units, 10 Morton St Huskisson. Submitted 17/6/20
- DA19/2045, Four (4) Storey Multi-Unit Development Consisting of 20 Apartments & Associated Strata Title Subdivision, 4-Jun-20, 11 Fegen St HUSKISSON
- DA19/2171, Lighthouse Mantle Structure at Maritime Museum, 1-Jun-20, 11 Dent St HUSKISSON
- Our Future Shoalhaven
- Gilmore updatesRecovery newsletters
- Elite Energy volunteer survey regarding COVID19 and staying safe in future