Here is a quick update of local and council related matters.
Next HWCV meeting: October 16th 2023, 7pm, Huskisson Community Centre.
Update from last meeting
- Shoalhaven City Council CEO, Stephen Dunshea, has announced that he will retire in February 2024.
- Foreshore protection
Shoalhaven City Council manages 40 beaches with over 220 beach access points that are exposed to a wide variety of coastal impacts and processes.
Our beaches and foreshores throughout the Shoalhaven are all susceptible to impacts from the following key issues:
- impacts from urbanisation
- vegetation loss
- informal beach access tracks.
Council is currently managing these coastal zones to mitigate hazardous impacts and improve accessibility and safety for people, whilst maintaining the natural attraction that our coastline provides for the Shoalhaven community and its visitors to enjoy.
To receive project updates, including ongoing works and community engagement, subscribe through the ‘Stay Informed’ function on this webpage
To find out more about foreshore management, visit the Coastal and Estuary Management Planning(External link) web page.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Lady Denman Reserve draft Plan of Management is available for comment. by 29 October. More information
- Nominations are being sought for Australia Day Awards. Closing date is 24 November 2023. More information.
- Proposed house keeping changes to the Shoalhaven LEP 2014 – see attached. Comment due by 6th October 2023.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA23/1701, Change of Use for a Pilates Studio with Addition of Internal Storage Room, 30 Duranbah Dr, HUSKISSON
- DA23/1694, Demolition of Dwelling, Subdivision of the Allotment into 2 x Lot Torrens Title Allotments & Construction of a Single Storey Dwelling, 737 Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA
- DA23/1699, Detached Shed, 751 Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA
- DA23/1684, Demolition of Existing Structures & Construction of Residential Flat Building (14 Dwellings),45 Duncan St, HUSKISSON
- CD23/1536, Alterations and additions to existing dwelling, new construction of garage, 7 Beecroft St, Huskisson
- DS23/1303, Modification: Construction of residential flat building containing 14 dwellings and associated basement parking, 3-4 Beach St, Huskisson
- DS23/1294, Modification of development consent DA16/2285, 36 Currambene St, Huskisson
- DA23/1458, Shed, 2 Allora Cl, WOOLLAMIA, Approved
- DA23/1463, Single Storey Dwelling, 2 Allora Cl, WOOLLAMIA, Approved
- DA23/1588, Dwelling Alteration & Additions, 6 Waddell St, HUSKISSON.
- Tri-Husky will be held on the 4th and 5th November. An explanation of alternative road routes attached.