Our next meeting will be held 7pm, 7th June, Huskisson Community Centre, Dent St, Huskisson. All residents and ratepayers welcome.
Here is a quick update on matters relating to Huskisson and Woollamia:
Firstly, an exciting event that is coming up:
Huskisson Heritage Day – 12th June – to be held at the Huskisson Community Centre and Maritime Museum more information.
- One of the events of the day is a photo competition – send in your best photo! More information
- Auction of Blenheim Beach painting, by John Hatton.
Update from last meeting
It has been a relatively quiet month for the Voice but we have written to the council regarding concern for the development at 4 Murdoch St. This development will be discussed at the Council meeting 25th May 2021.
Further information through Keep Jervis Bay Unspoilt.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Operational plan and budget – comment due by 5pm 27th May (this Thursday!)
- Disability inclusion action plan review
- Currarong Creek Flood study
- Re-zoning proposal Anglican Church block
- Please see Documents on Exhibition for other planning proposals / changes available for comment, including the solar housekeeping amendment which aims:
- … to include additional controls that will supplement and strengthen Shoalhaven’s DCP to help protect rooftop solar systems from adverse overshadowing without being overly detrimental to the design and form of future development.
Recent Development Applications Approved in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA21/1375, Two Storey Dwelling & Detached Habitable Room, 10 Sydney St, HUSKISSON, $1,800,000.00
- CD21/1359, Alterations and additions – covered deck, 9 Vallon Rd, Woollamia, Complying development
- DA21/1448, Primitive Camping Ground, 21 Pritchard Av, WOOLLAMIA. $0
- DA21/1459, Two storey retail stores & Demolition of existing retail building, 46 Owen St, HUSKISSON, $950,000.00
- DA20/2144, Alterations & Additions to Existing Marine Rescue Jervis Bay Building, Currambene St, HUSKISSON, Approved
- DA21/1054, Demolition of Existing Concrete Batching Plant, 8 Duranbah Dr, HUSKISSON, Approved
- DA20/2411, Industrial Additions – Single Storey Shed, 3 Bolten Rd, HUSKISSON, Approved
- Invitation to join Council’s Resilience Planning Working Group.
- Forthcoming Council elections – September 4th 2021
- Shoalhaven Coastal Management Programs
- Sustainable tourism newsletter
- Invitation to Shoalhaven River Festival!
- Accidental counselling, 30th June (places filling quickly) and Self-care,31st August
- Berry Forum – concern regarding Council process
- Elite Energy – call for volunteers
- Register for Fortis House community design session on bushfire resilient homes, more information.
- Tree planting on Hawke St