Here is a quick update regarding matters that have come up since our last email (14 July), and information that has been sent through to us from Council.
Update since last email
- Jervis Bay Road/Princes Highway intersection – petition to State Government for a flyover to be built
- Someone may knock on your door with the petition, or you can find it in Boobook on Owen St (and probably other places). Please consider signing this petition if you support the flyover option over and above other solutions for traffic management at this very busy and dangerous intersection.
- Jerrinja application for the protection of the Anglican church site Survey
- The majority of responses advocated that the Voice supports the Jerrinja submission to Federal Government.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Local Strategic Land Use Planning Statement. Comment on this document will close on Friday 31 July 2020. The document can be found here.
- Please consider giving some feedback to Council – even if your comment is only on part of the document. Perhaps focus on one section – pick a section (be it visions, themes or a particular planning priority) and make some comment on that! Think about the:
- Overall vision on page 15
- The actions for the section(s) you’re focusing on
- The measures for the section(s) you’re focusing on
- Try to offer specific suggestions, or examples
- Good luck.
- A draft comment written by the Voice comment can be found here.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA20/1592, Lady Denman Heritage Complex Additions – Exhibition Space & Internal Access Ramp, 11 Dent St HUSKISSON, Approved
- DA20/1221, Conversion of Detached Garage to Habitable Room, 555A Jervis Bay Rd WOOLLAMIA, Approved
- Share your experience of the 2019-20 bush fires –
- the Bushfire and Natural Hazards Research Centre is researching people’s experiences of these fires. They are looking for community members who will be happy to share their experiences via a telephone or zoom/skype chat (interview).
- If you would like to arrange an interview, or have any questions about the research, please email email@example.com or call Josh Whittaker on 0409 007 842.
- More information here.
- Bay and Basin Skate Park
- Community consultation will occur between Monday 20 July and Sunday 9 August 2020 for the design of the Bay and Basin Skate Park. The new Skate Park will be located at the Bay and Basin Leisure Centre, Vincentia.
- To get involved, simply:
- View the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyRvVIWngB0
- And Complete the survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BayAndBasinSkatepark
- Upcoming events.
- Council has informed us that the following events are planned for Huskisson.
- L’e Tape – Tour de France event
- South Coast Food and Wine Festival 2020,
- 16-17 October 2020, White Sands Park and Surrounds.
- A planning process for Marine Parks is currently underway and the network plan will be out on public exhibition in the near future. You can register to receive information and how to provide comment. Marine Parks would really appreciate your input and detailed local knowledge about the issue:
- Grants Bulletin (note the links won’t work in this document – search for the name of the grant)
- Sponsorship from Budget Direct
- Budget Direct’s Sponsorships Solved funding may benefit those impacted by the recent bushfires in the Shoalhaven.
- Sponsorship Solved aim to support registered organisations or associations that:provide local or statewide community services
- run community awareness and education programs
- promote health and wellbeing (e.g. sports clubs)
- advocate for road safety
- provide emergency services
- support in need or at-risk Australians
- help build strong, vibrant communities.
- More information.
- Elite Energy is taking volunteer registrations, register here