Update and draft dog access policy for comment
Council has three documents on public exhibition that you might be interested in commenting on – dog policy, rezoning and bike paths.
Update from last meeting
- In response to the SCC policy requiring CCBs to hold insurance when they use council facilities, and concern regarding the draft CCB Policy and the draft Community Engagement Strategy the CCBs have met and established a ‘combined CCB group’ to liaise with Council. The focus for many CCBs is sharing information between Council and community and for these purposes insurance does not seem necessary, especially as it would require fundraising of some kind.
- Because the HWCV made a submission to Council regarding 4 Murdoch St modifications the HWCV was invited to make a presentation to the Land and Environment Court conciliation process at 4 Murdoch St in April. Jo Warren made a presentation for the HWCV; there were 5 other community presentations. The conciliation was terminated by the Court and will likely be followed by a hearing later in the year.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Draft Access Areas for Dogs Policy is on public exhibition from 1st May until 11th June. The policy can be viewed here. You can complete the survey, email council with your submission or send a letter to council. If you would like the Voice to include your views in their submission please send us your thoughts by reply email.
- An interim Guideline for proponent led planning proposals (proponent led rezoning proposals) is available for comment until May 19th.
A link to make submissions is here.
More information is here.
- Liveability Census of your neighbourhood / town- sponsored by various councils across Australia. Click here to find out more and complete the survey.
- Bike path plan for Vincentia. Further information. Comment due by COB 11 May 2023. Part 1. Part 2. Part 3.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA23/1291, Dwelling Alterations & Additions, 764 Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMI
- DA23/1260, Single Storey Attached Dual Occupancy, 10 Seasongood Rd, WOOLLAMIA.
- CD23/1182, Change of Use, Shop Fitout, 50 Owen St, HUSKISSON.
- DS23/1113, Demolition of existing dwelling 7 construction of 2 storey building. Increase in height and alteration to external footprint. 92 Burrill St, Huskisson. Section 96 amendment.
- CD23/1245, Building a tilt up building at the right rear of the property. 6 Bolten Rd. Huskisson. Complying development.
- CD23/1245, Tilt Up Building at the Right Rear of the Property, 6 Bolten Rd, HUSKISSON
- DA22/1995, Change of Use to Retail Premises – Approval for the Occupation of the Premises by Them & the Use of the Existing Stockroom, 12 Currambene St, HUSKISSON.
- DA23/1144, Demolition of Pool & Installation of Fibreglass Inground Swimming Pool, 3 Waddell St, HUSKISSON.
- DA22/2366, Dwelling Alterations & Additions, 25 Edendale St, WOOLLAMIA
- CD23/1182, Change of Use, Shop Fitout, 50 Owen St, HUSKISSON
Click here to access SCC’s DA Tracking
- A reminder to us all that the best email address to contact council is email@example.com
- ‘Make a plan to go electric’ – free workshops 24th and 27th May
- Vincentia Residents and Ratepayers Assocation will establish a Town Team sub-committee. Watch this space to see what Vincentia gets up to, and best of luck to luck to them.
- Birdlife Shoalhaven magazine
- Council has completed Stage 1 of the Collingwood Beach Revegetation Project, and has commenced Stage 2. Further information.