Bi-Weekly – Email update 31 Oct 2021
- Our AGM, preceded by a general meeting, is coming up on the 8th November, 7 pm. Venue is Huskisson Community Centre. All residents and ratepayers are welcome. (General meeting at 7pm, AGM at 8 pm)
NOTE – COVID-19 rules for attending. Attendees will need to:
- be fully vaccinated, and be able to show proof of vaccination
- wear face masks
- QR code, or manually register their attendance.
One item on the agenda for the General Meeting will be lack of response from Council to our questions about car-parking and planning for 59 Owen St
Activity and information since last email
- The Voice has invited all local election candidates (or parties) for Ward 2 to provide a Zoom ‘meet the candidates’ for Huskisson Woollamia residents. More information on this when it comes to hand.
- Thank you from the Shoalhaven Council for the community’s involvement in the Bay and Basin Community Led Strategic Plan.
SCC Planning documents for comment and information
- Discontinuation of COVID-19 Contributions Discount Subsidy Policy
- Council reported that they do not have a tree compensation policy
- Council is planning to plant the tree species Waterhousia floribunda and Backhousia myrtifolia along bare areas of Currambene St and adjoining streets (approx 30 trees).
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- CD21/1768, Industrial Development Alterations & Additions, 5 Erina Rd, HUSKISSON, 14-Oct-21, $111,600.00
- DA21/2209, Detached Shed, 26A Streamside St, WOOLLAMIA, 7-Oct-21, $40,000.00
- DA21/2284, Change of Use – Convert an existing industrial shed into a shellfish processing premise and industrial retail outlet, 6 Bolten Rd, Huskisson
- CD21/1820, Strata Subdivision, 24 Duranbah Dr, Huskisson Approved.
- DA21/2288, Staged Dual Occupancy, 10 Fairfax Rd, Woollamia.
Click here to access SCC’s DA Tracking
- Currarong Art Trail – Saturday 6th November, 10 am to 2 pm. Join the fun!
- Elite Energy calling for volunteers
- Birdlife Shoalhaven Spring magazine
- About … Magazine cutoff dates: December edition is 3rd November, Jan/
Feb edition cutoff is !st December.
- Bundanon eNews
- Federal grants – EOI Stronger Communities by 15 November
- State grants – Club Infrastructure Grants open 1 November
- Register for a Recycling Webinar – run by Treading Lightly, Supported by SCC
- Council COVID Response Grant program