Here is an update from the Huskisson Woollamia Community Voice regarding matters in the community, and information that Council has recently sent through to us.
- A reminder: Our next meeting and AGM will be 7pm, 8th November, 2021. We are hopeful we can hold this as a face-to-face meeting in the Huskisson Community Centre. We will let you know at a later date.
If you are interested in being on our committee or involved with the Voice in anyway, reply to this email 🙂
- Picnic Shelter & Setting – Moona Moona Reserve – the picnic shelter and setting has been ordered; installation will likely be early 2022.
- All Council Waste Depots have returned to normal opening hours. You can keep up to date with Council waste services news by:
Following Council’s Facebook page which you can do by clicking HEREand pressing the blue ‘Follow’ button – waste services provide an update every Wednesday
Subscribe to ‘ReNewsable’ – Waste Services monthly newsletter by clicking the ‘Subscribe Now’ button found HERE where you will receive news about Depot services, kerbside collections, waste avoidance and recycling.
- Amendments No 48 and 49 to the Shoalhaven DCP 2014 have commenced – these relate to overshadowing of solar panels, parking in medium density developments, and electric car charging facilities. Further information.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Shoalhaven Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2014 – 2020-21 Housekeeping Planning Proposal (PP044) will be on public exhibition from Wednesday 13 October to Friday 12 November 2021 (inclusive) on Council’s website – The Planning Proposal (PP) seeks to amend a number of instruments and maps within Shoalhaven. Further information.
- #SpreadKindnessShoalhaven – Council is encouraging the community to reach out to others using the Community Connection Card to offer a helping hand. It’s easy and only takes a few minutes to make a big difference in someone else’s day. Simply complete the card and drop it off into a neighbours’ mailbox. 40,000 Community Connection Cards will be delivered to households across the Shoalhaven.
- Other matters you might like to check out see:
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DA21/2175, Temporary Use – Operate a Pop-Up Multipurpose Event Space, 5 Bolten Rd, HUSKISSON, 28-Sep-21, $50,000.00
- DA21/2209, Construction of storage shed, 26A Streamside St, Woollamia
- DA21/1658, Dwelling Alterations, Additions In Ground Swimming Pool, $350,000.00, 25-Sep-21, 10 Owen St, HUSKISSON,
- DA21/1706, Dwelling Alterations & Additions, $32,960.00, 22-Sep-21, 18 Sunnyside Av, WOOLLAMIA,
- DA21/1658, Dwelling Alterations, Additions, In Ground Swimming Pool & Driveway, $350,000.00,25-Sep-21, 10 Owen St, HUSKISSON,
- DA21/1916, Dwelling Additions – Deck Extension, $30,000.00, 1-Oct-21, 1/15 Wood Cr, HUSKISSON,
- Roadmap to opening up
- Jervis Bay Community CruiseShip Coalition – News Bulletin 8th October
- Nominations for Australia Day awards – due by 5.00pm 26th November 2021.
- The NSW Litter Prevention Grant Transition Round of funding under Waste Less Recycle More has opened on 1st October 2021. If anyone would like to submit a grant on behalf of our community, let us know and we’ll put a call out for people to assist.
- About magazine cutoff for the December edition is 3rd November.
- Marine Estate newsletter