Here is a quick update regarding matters that have come up since our last email update (6 November), and information that has been sent through to us from Council.
Update from last meeting
- It’s a great time to learn more about preventing fires in and around our homes. Come to a talk by the Huskisson RFS – Monday 16th Nov, 7 – 8pm, Huskisson Community Centre, Dent St, Huskisson.
- A quick reminder to add your opinion to how you would like to see the Bay and Basin in the future. Survey here. If you would prefer a hard copy of the survey contact us on email@example.com, or 0408 672 087. Survey closes 30 November 2020.
- Shoalhaven Tourism have replied to our queries about events and COVID
- Shoalhaven City Council has advised us that the litter collection service has now been brought forward to be in-line with Council’s peak season requirements
- Telstra is currently collecting quotes to repaint their infrastructure on Currambene St.
- Marine Parks have looked at the fallen tree in Currambene Creek and the bank erosion.The erosion is occurring on Council reserve and will need to be overseen by them. The Voice will write to Council.
SCC Planning documents for comment
Go to the Shoalhaven ‘Get Involved’ web page for information or to comment on the following:
- Bushfire recovery Shoalhaven
- Shoalhaven Arts Board Grants 2020-2021
- Shoalhaven Indoor Sports centre mural
- Conjola Park Master Plan
- Sanctuary Point Library
- Shoalhaven Australia Day Awards 2021
- Crown Land Plans of management
- Hitchcocks Land, Berry – Planning proposal
- Proposed roundabout – Mollymook
- Review of Shoalhaven Heads Master Plan
- Howell Faulks Reserve embellishments
- Sustainable tourism infrastructure projects
- Shoalhaven coastal management programs
- Collingwood beach dune vegetation management
- And more …
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- CD20/1599, Demolition (Removal) of In Ground Swimming Pool, 41 Owen St HUSKISSON, Approved
- Voice members – is anyone interested in representing the Voice on an External Stakeholder group for a new District Library at Sanctuary Point? The first workshop has been scheduled for Wednesday 2 December from 5.30pm to 7.30pm. This will be held at St Georges Basin Community Hall on Meriton Street. If you’re interested please contact the Voice firstname.lastname@example.org or 0408 672 087.
- The NSW Government is providing council rate relief for eligible home, farm, and business owners whose properties were damaged beyond repair in the 2019-2020 bushfires. More information. Or contact the Shoalhaven Council Bushfire Recovery Customer Service Team on 02 4429 5888, or visit the Service NSW website.
- Resolution on the Draft plaque and memorial policy, and Draft Amended Parks Management Policy
- The Bendigo Bank Community Bushfire Recovery Grants Program is open for applications from 16 November to 11 December 2020 for grants up to $75,000. Please see attached letter or you can view the grants program in preparation for the program going live on Monday 16 November . Please visit the website Community Enterprise Foundation.
- Grant applications for the Bushfire Community Recovery and Resilience Fund Phase 2 – Stream has been extended to 11 December 2020.
Funding is available for approved projects of $20,000 to $300,000.
Phase Two will support projects that will promote community well-being, social and broader recovery and future disaster resilience following the bushfires.