Here is a quick update regarding matters that have come up since our last email update (6 September), and information that has been sent through to us from Council.
Update from last meeting
- The Shoalhaven 2040 – Our Strategic Land-use Planning Statement will be presented to Council on the 22 September. The document includes amendments based on comments provided by organisations and community. An opportunity exists to make a deputation. The Voice is currently reviewing the document and considering that option. Feedback is welcome – email firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight 20 Sept.
- The District Engineer, Phil Critchley, has met with Voice representatives to discuss responses to issues raised in the Community Speaks consultation, 2019. The items discussed include: footpath on Hawke St, litter management on Huskisson Road, improvement to the streetscape, more short-term parking outside the Post Office, traffic calming, use of parking around the Huskisson sports field, and a pedestrian crossing on Burrill St.
- Council organised a zoom meeting with CCB executives on Tuesday 15th Sept. The meeting focused on the Council restructure which is currently taking place. There are currently 24 CCBS and 2 new ones about to be created. The CEO’s slides can be found here:
- The Huskisson Woollamia Community Voice AGM will be held on Monday 12 October, 8 pm, following the general meeting at 7pm. Nomination form to join the committee can be downloaded via this link.
- Our last email update referred to the Low Rise Housing Diversity code which came into effect on 1 July 2020. It’s worth pointing out that this code allows terrace houses, dual occupancy and manor houses to be built on R1, R2, R3 and RU5 as complying development – that is they do not need Council approval.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- Council’s Engineering Design Unit has investigated parking issues along the length of Beach Street, Huskisson. They propose a 4 hour time limit in this area. Council would like your feedback on this proposal by 2nd October. You can forward comments to email@example.com to collate OR or send direct to the General Manager via email
- A component of the Marriott Park Master Plan is an inclusive playspace to be known as Livvi’s Place. The Draft concept plan for Livvi’s Place is available for review and comment, closing 5 pm Friday 25 September 2020.
- Comment on the existing Illawarra Shoalhaven Regional Plan is open until 9 October. These comments will inform the development of a new Illawarra Shoalhaven Regional Plan.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
- DS20/1456, Use of the garden area for additional seating, landscaping and retaining walls, construction of amenities & extension of sports bar deck – S4.55 Relocation of Pavilion & Redesign Garden Wall, 75 Owen St, Huskisson,
- DA20/1857, Patio Over Deck – Jervis Bay Game Fishing Club House, 20 Frank Lewis Way WOOLLAMIA, Approved
- The following link provides information about, and access to, the new Inflatable Life Jacket Servicing Clinics Livestreams.
- If you have any enquiries regarding the clinics, or anything Maritime related, feel free to contact:
- Ray Lonsdale
- Boating Education Officer
- Greater Sydney
- Transport for NSW
- M 0408 954 705
- About Magazine – The deadline for the November edition will be 7 October, and deadline for the December edition will be 4 November 2020.
- Round 2 of the Bushfire Recovery Community Grants is open from Monday 31 August 2020 to Monday 5 October 2020
- The Voice emailed Council acknowledging the tremendous effort they made in cleaning up after floods and storms. We received an email from the CEO thanking us for the feedback, and saying that he would pass the thank you on to staff.