Here is a quick update regarding matters that have come up since our last email update (10 August), and information that has been sent through to us from Council.
Update from last meeting
- Exciting news! On 12 October 2020, we will be holding a General Meeting (7pm start) to be followed by our AGM (8pm start). This will be held at the Huskisson Community Hall. Please mark in your diaries and join us for the first time in months, followed by wine and cheese. Our Chair, and Public Officer, will be retiring from their positions so think about whether you might like to join the committee. The role of the committee and nomination forms are on our website.
- The Shoalhaven Council is holding a webinar on 26 August to help residents get prepared for the next fire season. More information and links are on the Shoalhaven Council webpage.
Submit your questions
- The HWCV has recently received grant money for the construction of an adult change facility, originally planned for White Sands Park. However, as Council has listed work on this park for several years down the track, the money will be used to build an adult change facility at Plantation Point. Congratulations to Annette Pham on her hard work in preparing the successful grant.
- The Bendigo Bank led Bay and Basin Community Strategic Plan process has held its first Reference Group meeting. A representative from Sanctuary Pt Pride, VRRA, Basin Business Forum, Hyams Beach CCB, Basin Village Forum, Vincentia Matters and the HWCV attended this background meeting. The purpose of the plan is for the entire Bay & Basin community to advocate its vision, values and priorities for this area. More information as it comes to hand, including how to input into this process.
SCC Planning documents for comment
- The Council has notified us of Amendment 35 to the Shoalhaven Land and Environment Plan. Council letter. Notification on State website.
- Expressions of Interest to take a position on the Coastal Management Committee are open until 2 September.
- Expressions of Interest to take a position on the Flood Plain Committee are open until 2 September.
Shoalhaven City Council is asking for your input into the proposed plans for six sustainable tourism projects designed to improve infrastructure around some of the City’s most popular tourist destinations, including some in the Bay and Basin. More information here.
Recent Development Applications in Huskisson / Woollamia
SF10819, Boundary Adjustment (Between Lot 1 & Lot 2) Under Stage 2 Of Approved Subdivision, 20 Pritchard Av, HUSKISSON, 7-Aug-20
DA20/1774, Detached Shed, 605 Woollamia Rd, WOOLLAMIA, 7-Aug-20
Click here to access SCC’s DA Tracking
- The Shoalhaven Council has commenced a campaign to increase awareness of the benefits of trees to our wellbeing and health – you will see these posters around the area.
- Our Federal member regularly sends out updates on Grants available to communities. The recent list can be found here. (you will need to enter the name of the grant into an internet search engine to find each grant home page)
- You may be aware that various events have been cancelled or postponed. These include: Food and Wine Festival, L’ETape Australia cycle race, Husky Running Festival, but the TriHusky Festival Oct 31 to Nov 1 will be going ahead at this stage.
- The NSW Inspirational Women’s Awards 2020 are now open. These awards are an initiative of the combined efforts of a group of passionate Women Rotarians. More information here.